The Autry Museum (“the Autry”) has created and maintains TheAutry.org (the “Site”) in support of its mission to provide education, information, communication, and personal enjoyment to the public. Access to and use of this Site is subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and other notices, and acknowledge full and complete acceptance of these terms.
Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of the Autry’s image and text files and data on this Site are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. The text, images, and data on the Site are protected by copyright and may be subject to other restrictions as well. The Autry and relevant third parties retain all rights, including copyright, in data, images, audio and video clips, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the “Materials”). Users may download Materials subject to the preceding and following Terms and Conditions, and subject to any additional terms or restrictions applicable to the individual file or program, provided all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials are retained.
2. The Materials are made available for use without permission only for limited noncommercial personal or educational use, or for fair use as defined in United States copyright laws. Users must cite the author/artist and source of this Material as they would material from any printed or other work, and the citation should include the URL “TheAutry.org” in addition to all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Materials. In granting this limited permission, however, note that the Autry does not warrant or represent that use of Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Autry’s copyright. Other proprietary rights in the Materials may be held by individuals and/or entities other than the Autry, including reproductions of works of art licensed to the Autry by third parties such as artists or artists’ heirs holding rights to these works, or images of people or places displayed on the Site. Use of these images by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Autry expressly prohibits the use, copying, display, publication, distribution, transmission, modification, re-posting, or exploitation for commercial or public purposes of any protected Materials on the Site, and permits only the purposes described above.
4. While the Autry uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in this Site, the Autry makes no representations or warranties as to its accuracy. The Autry assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site.
5. Use of and browsing in the Site is at your risk. Neither the Autry nor any other party involved in creating, producing, delivering, or maintaining the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the Site are provided “AS IS,” WITHOUT A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND/OR NONINFRINGEMENT. The Autry assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, browsing in, or downloading of any Materials from the Site.
6. Except where specifically indicated otherwise, any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or other means, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, nonconfidential and nonproprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by the Autry or its affiliates or licensees for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, posting, and the like. The Autry is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, the development, manufacture, and marketing of products using such information.